Sunday, March 8, 2009

On the "MOVE" ...again.




I swore when I moved into my apartment a year ago I wasn't going to be moving again until I was ready to move into a house, had enough money to pay SOMEONE else to move me and when it would be permanent. Well, the Lord had other plans for me. One of my clients is an elderly woman with whom I've know for many years, we were friends before she was my client. Unfortunately her precious husband of 61 years passed away this February and she now finds herself alone in a big house. Because of this, she asked me if I'd be willing to move into the lower part of the home and help her out. I told her I'd need to think and pray about it. The more I prayed and talked about it with others it sounded like a great opportunity for me to catch up on paying off debt, having money to make repairs on my car that is well overdue, and a chance to put some money away. BUT, there was one more avenue I had to go down...my lease. I had just signed a new 6 month lease. In December my landlord had made me an offer to lower my rent if I was willing to sign on for another 6 months. At the time, it seemed fabulous, I had no plans of moving out anytime soon...so sure! I prayed some more, asked my Bible Study gals to pray too. I asked the Lord that if this was HIS will, to lay it on the landlords heart to release me from my lease without any penalty. A few days later, a bit nervous, I walked into the landlords office. I walked in and told her what was going on. Without hesitation she simply said, "that is a great opportunity, I understand, times are tough right now, so go for it". Not only did she let me out of my lease without penalty, she offered to give me my security deposit back (minus some $ for the carpet cleaning) ! God is good! So now I'm running around like a mad woman trying to get this place packed up so I can be out before my sister from Texas arrives on March 13th. I don't want to be packing and moving while she's visiting. But between work, life and my constant achy body it's been a SLOW process. Today is Sunday and I have a U-Haul reserved for tomorrow. I'm hardly ready though, so today I must kick it in gear. Agh. Wish me luck!!!