Sunday, December 27, 2009

CHRISTMAS CHEER





My Children, My Gift

Christmas is the most beautiful of holidays, in my opionion. It's not about the gifts, the ribbons, the trees, and all that sparkles...that's all good and pretty. It helps set the mood and highlight the upcoming event. Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. It's about remembering the gift He gave to us all. Not only is He the ultimate gift, His grace blesses us with other such awesome gifts...our children. Sometimes our children are brought forth by birth, others by the gift of adoption, and others by parent-like relationships with children we surround ourselves with. No matter how our children come to us we can all be part of a child's life. In my case I have two wonderful children that I adore and cherish. I'm so thankful that I was able to spend the Christmas day with them. Of all the gifts I could receive there is nothing that compares to the gift of having my children with me, happy and healthy. Those two kiddos make me laugh and make me blessed to be a mom.

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas. I hope you were able to share this time with friends and family. I hope you laughed, rejoiced and created memories to last forever. I know some of you have suffered a loss of someone special, some suffered with an illness, some got hurt in a most painful way and this may not have been the best of times for you. Hold on to hope, be strong, and if you have faith in God keep close to His side...things will look up. God bless you all.