Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Peter Kaschmitter

AND TWO BECOME ONE




On December 17, 2010 my dreams came true...Pete and I were married.  We didn't have the big wedding yet, that comes in May, in Idaho with all our friends and family.  

Pete proposed to me on December 5, 2010 at our most favorite Sushi restaurant.  Every Sunday, as many of you know, Pete and I go out for Sushi after church.  This particular Sunday was no exception.  As we sat at the Sushi bar chitchatting with our chef Pete reached for my hand, told me how much he loved me and how happy he was to have found me, then slowly slipped a ring on my finger and asked me to be his wife.  I was speechless and shocked.  Pete and I never discussed marriage.  We both knew it would probably happen "someday" but we didn't talk about it at all.  So as I sat there in disbelief he wondered if I was going to answer him.  Of course I said "YES!!"  

The next step...when? and where?  We agreed we wanted to be married with all our children and family and friends around us but we didn't want to wait so long.  We decided to have the legal civil ceremony here in Vegas on December 17th and plan the big shabang for Idaho.  We decided on May.  Preparations are moving right along and we are counting down  the days.