Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings Abound

Really, really STOP and count your blessings...

How many times do we hear the phrase, "count your blessings" ? But do we really?  It is soooo easy for us to focus on the things we DON'T have.  I mean we know in the core of our heart we have MORE than enough and we'll flipently think or even say we are thankful.  However, we catch ourselves whining or complaining or simply wanting more of this or more of that and if only I _____....  We're all human and we all go through this, but this year I want to TRY very hard to REALLY TRULY count my many blessings, because I DO have SO much to be thankful for.

First and foremost I'm ALWAYS thankful that I have the Lord in my life.  I'm thankful He loves me, thankful He died for me, thankful He forgives me for my ugly side, thankful that He has never given up on His oh-so-pathetic servant, thankful for His grace, mercy and almighty power!

I'm also VERY thankful for my PRECIOUS children and grandchildren.  I'm thankful for my LOVING and CARING husband who loves me so much.   I'm thankful I got to spend this Thanksgiving with my son.  I missed everyone so much BUT I am thankful Josh got to be here with us.

Thank you Lord, for ALL things big and small, seen and unseen...THANK YOU!