Friday, December 11, 2009

In the Blink of an Eye...



My Boy Turns 14

Okay, Josh was just a baby the other day. Right? Yeah, more like 14 years ago. Sheesh, why do the precious things fly by and the yucky stuff seems to linger? I love being a mom, it's the best "job" in the world. I know I'll ALWAYS be a mom but I miss the little kid stuff so much. I remember when I couldn't wait for my kids to grow out of the "toy" stage so I wouldn't have so much mess around the house...oh what I'd give to go back to those days now. It was way more fun Christmas shopping for them then than it is now. All they want now is money and gift cards, that's no fun. A Christmas tree with envelopes underneath it, that's hardly an exciting sight. But, such is life. Our kiddos can't stay young forever and we must adjust to the fact that they grow up, move out and start their own families.

We celebrated Joshua's 14th bday at his dad's house. We all had a fun time and laughed a lot. Happy Birthday my boy...you are an amazing young man and we are so proud of who you are. I'm so blessed to have you for my son.