Friday, December 11, 2009

IT IS GOOD TO GIVE THANKS


Thanksgiving Day 2009

Every year we celebrate Thanksgiving Day, a day to highlight our blessings. We stop and reflect on the things we are thankful for. I really think it's important to do that everyday. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day stresses and drama that we sometimes forget to stop and focus on the wonderful things that surround us. As a Christian I know that daily I am blessed. All I have to do is look around me and there are signs and wonders everywhere. The simple fact that I am ABLE to see them is a blessing in and of itself. The sheer fact that I wake up to another day is a blessing. I am thankful for so many things in my life and for the many people that love me and support me. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for my children. I'm thankful that they are alive and well, happy and healthy. Look around and count your blessings, you'd be amazed at what you come up with.

This Thanksgiving was spent at Tom and Patty's house. I was blessed again to be amongst friends that love me and my children whom I adore.