Monday, August 18, 2014

THE BABIES TURN 18!

In September and December our two youngest kiddos turned 18 years old.  I tell ya, time really and truly flies.  I mean WOW.  It always seems like such a cliche but it's not, it's for reals.  Now, as I write this (trying to play catch-up) Joshua and Kassi are nearing their 19th birthdays.  Hitting 18 is such a milestone in the life of a teen.  We spend our whole childhood, mostly teen years yearning for that big day...the day we are "legal".  This is the day we think, "no one can tell me what to do ANY. MORE."  We anticipate our last year of high school.  All kinds of things go running through our minds about what it's going to be like, how AWESOME life is going to be.  Unfortunately it only takes a month or so till we realize it's pretty much just another number and with it more responsibilites than we hoped for.  But, it's not all bad.  Being 18 is a big deal.  Oh how I wish I could be there again.

I'm so proud of how Joshua has grown into such a responsible, hard working and talented young man.  I see great things in his future and I know he will go wherever he dreams of going.  I couldn't ask for a better son, really I couldn't.  He's everything and MORE I ever dreamed.  I'm thankful the Lord has loaned him to us all these years and I pray the Lord will use Josh in a mighty way.
6 weeks old

18 years old
When Pete came into my life, Kassi was 14 years old.  She has been a blessing to my heart from day 1.  Kassi is beautiful inside and out, smart, funny and very caring.  I love spending time with her and listening to anything she wants to talk about.  I know she too will go far in life.  I pray she finds her dreams and follows them.

One of Pete's favorite pics.
18 years old